Session 1 - 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Introduction, Format
- Testing Philosophy
- CMC Hardware Overview
- Test Universe Start Page
- Creating a New Test Plan
- How to Use the QuickCMC Tool
Session 2 - 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
- Overcurrent Protection, Fault Types, etc.
- How to Use the Overcurrent Tool
Session 3 - 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Reclosing Logic and Protection Overview
- How to Use the State Sequencer Tool
- Underfrequency, Undervoltage, etc.
- How to Use the Ramping Tool
Session 4 - 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
- Distance Protection Overview
- How to Use the Advanced Distance Tool
Session 5 - 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Differential Protection Overview
- How to Use the Advanced Differential Tools
Session 6 - 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
- How to Use the Protection Testing Library
- General Tips for Making the Most Efficient Test Plans
Session 7 - 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Q&A Session with the Instructor & Panelists
- Ask Questions from the Previous Days Instruction
- Ask Questions from Hands-on Practice Workbook
- This Session will be Free-form and not Applicable for Credits
If you want to use your in-person class seat for this online class, please email email@example.com for a unique registration link.
Participant Certificates and Recordings will be provided to those who register AND attend.
This course is eligible for 15* NETA Continuing Technical Development Credits (CTDs). NETA Certified Technicians are required to earn a minimum of 24-48 CTDs every three years (Level 2 Technicians must earn 24 CTDs, Levels 3 and 4 must earn 48 CTDs) to maintain their certification. For more information about the CTD program and requirements, please contact the NETA office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (888) 300-6382. * According to attendance time
IACET Credits will be provided to those that also complete the course quiz.
OMICRON Academy: Our Engineering Playground
The OMICRON Academy training courses are built around real testing situations and are ideal for technical staff from electrical utilities, industrial plants, equipment manufacturers, and service companies.
Contents range from gaining knowledge of assets and applications, fully utilizing the test equipment, and applying efficient test procedures to interpreting test and measurement results.
Benefit from professional courses with expert trainers, full-scale training equipment, effective methodology, and excellent customer care.
"Wow, this was the best online training I had ever attended. Overall a great experience. Even attending it at night was okay due to the interactive manner of training and the amount of information provided."
- D. Fischer, a past participant of the previous virtual class.
We also offer customized training (in-person or online). We build courses around your requirements, such as training content, location, and the number of participants. Email us to get a quote if you are interested in customized training.
Additional courses held by North America that you can register for: View North America Hosted Course Calendar
Additional product-specific webinars offered by OMICRON globally: OMICRON webinars